Expats and Migrants

Knowledge migrant

In the Netherlands there is a special tax regulation for a part of the incoming foreign expats.
The advantage of this rule is that the full taxable salary is reduced to a 70% taxable salary.

This means that a maximum of 30% of the salary will not be taxed. The Dutch government has created this 30% regulation in order to make it more attractive for foreign specialists to come and work in the Netherlands.

They may incur additional costs (extraterritorial costs) such as an introductory trip to the Netherlands, extra costs for living, medical inspections, housing costs etc.

The Tax and Customs Administration always decides whether your employee is also eligible for this scheme. In the case of a positive decision, the foreign driving license can be converted to a Dutch driving license.

The 30% ruling applies to you if you have been recruited outside the Netherlands or have been sent abroad from a country other than the Netherlands to work in the Netherlands. In order to make use of the 30% facility, the following conditions apply 

  • You have a job.

  • You have a specific expertise that can not or hardly be found on the Dutch labor market.

  • You have a valid decision.

  • You have lived outside the Netherlands for more than 16 months from the 2 years before your first working day in the Netherlands.

  • And that also at a distance of more than 150 km from the Dutch border.

Work & Residence permits

To come to the Netherlands a work and residence permit is required.


The most common procedure is the knowledge migrant procedure (TeV).
The IND has a target period of 2-4 weeks to make a decision on the application, but they have 3 months legal time. In addition to the TeV application, the Intra Corporate Transferees Directive (ICT) or transfer within a company is a special scheme for organizations that transfer employees from a company located outside the European Union to a Dutch branch.

A residence permit is also required for this transfer.

You do not need to be a recognized sponsor for these applications.

What do you need and what conditions must you meet.
  • Residence permit for an indefinite period.

  • Residence permit for a definite period in combination with an equity of 30% of the house to be purchased

  • Living and working in the Netherlands for at least 6 months

  • Having a permanent employment contract or letter of intent from your employer.

  • You are from a non-European country, and recognized as a highly skilled migrant by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service.

  • You are from a non-European country, but are NOT recognizedas a highly skilled migrant by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service. Please contact us.

I permit is always granted under a restriction, for example family reunification, study or paid employment

For the duration of one year. Sometimes 3 or 5 years

II indefinite time

III Residence permit for a specific period of asylum

IV Residence permit for an indefinite period of asylum

EU/EER Residence card for community person

Type of residence permit

Maximale Hypotheek

De laagste meest actuele rentestanden

1 jaar        1,19

2 jaar        1,20

3 jaar        1,20

5 jaar        1,30

6 jaar        1,49

7 jaar        1,59

8 jaar        1,60

9 jaar        1,99

10 jaar      1,74

12 jaar      1,85

15 jaar      2,19

20 jaar      2,29

25 jaar      2,63

30 jaar      2,60

Den Haag Hypotheek

www.denhaaghypotheek.nl is een website van Instracon BV h/o Horizon Hypotheek


Hier treft u de dienstenwijzer aan.

Geregistreerd bij de Autoriteit Financiële Markten onder nummer: 12011221.